Our Visions and Values
FORDBRIDGE COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL IS.....
A happy, purposeful and welcoming community, based on caring relationships and respect for each individual. We want our school to be an exciting and stimulating environment in which all are keen to work and learn. We are committed to providing each of our pupils with the best opportunity to develop their talents fully and to create a climate where the achievement and successes are always recognised.
To achieve our mission we will:-
- provide a safe, stimulating and challenging environment in which all children feel valued, develop a belief in themselves and find enjoyment in their learning;
- encourage all to accept responsibility for their own learning and to have high expectations;
- build relationships with parents/carers and expect them to have high expectations for their children;
- offer a challenging and enriching curriculum, at an appropriate level, which enables all to achieve their full potential;
- encourage mutual respect and understanding of the feelings, opinions and abilities of others;
- offer a variety of experiences;
- develop a caring and responsible attitude towards our immediate and wider environment;
- develop spiritual, personal and moral values;
- value and promote music, the expressive and performing arts and sport as an important part in the life of every pupil;
- expect high standards of work and behaviour, regular attendance, good punctuality and smart appearance;
- ensure continuity of educational provision through maintaining strong links with other schools;
- be proud of and celebrate our achievements.
We aim for all of our children to regularly portray our golden values which are….
- HAVING RESPECT
- SHOWING RESILIENCE
- BEING RELIABLE
- BEING RESPONSIBILE
The Government have recently reinforced the need to 'create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect & tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.'
Please read the document below that highlights how these values are reinforced regularly here at Fordbridge Community primary School.
Here at Fordbridge Community Primary School we are committed to the wellbeing and mental health of the whole school community. We have implemented the SMILE approach across school in order for everyone to reach their full potential and to develop strategies to encourage positive mental health and wellbeing. This whole school approach addresses the 5 areas promoted by the NHS in order to manage our own wellbeing.
Remember to SMILE
Socialise Movement Interest Learning Engage